Quality Matters (QM) is a province-wide assessment program that will be used to determine eligibility for funding for licensed child care centres.
It is based on evidence-based research regarding the importance of quality early childhood education experiences for children, and informed by international practices to support quality improvements in licensed child care centres.
The purpose of Quality Matters is to ensure that eligibility to receive provincial funding for licensed child care centres is directly linked to meeting specific outcomes in the following:
- Compliance with provisions of Nova Scotia’s Day Care Act, Day Care Regulations, and licensing and monitoring activities;
- Accountability for provincial funding, including compliance with the conditions of the Funding Agreement and the accompanying terms and conditions for each of the grants received; specified in the written agreement as well as financial reporting requirements that are established by Education and Early Childhood Development;
- Program Quality focused on four keys elements of quality that are measured through a self-assessment and strengthened through a Continuous Quality Improvement process. The elements are aligned closely with Nova Scotia’s Early Learning Curriculum Framework.
Consult the following documents for more information:
- QUALITY MATTERS CONSULTANT TEMPLATES FOR SELF-ASSESSMENT,QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PLANS, AND ON-SITE CONSULTATION
- QUALITY MATTERS CENTRE TEMPLATES FOR SELF-ASSESSMENT, QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PLANS, AND ON-SITE CONSULTATION
- QUALITY MATTERS CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT: A GUIDE FOR LICENSED CHILD CARE CENTRES
- QUALITY MATTERS FUNDING ELIGIBILITY FOR LICENSED CHILD CARE CENTRES
Consultez les documents suivants pour plus d'informations:
- LA QUALITÉ, ÇA COMPTE MODÈLES À L’INTENTION DES CONSEILLÈRES POUR L’AUTOÉVALUATION, LES PLANS D’AMÉLIORATION DE LA QUALITÉ ET LA CONSULTATION SUR PLACE
- LA QUALITÉ, ÇA COMPTE MODÈLES À L’INTENTION DES CENTRES POUR L’AUTOÉVALUATION, LES PLANS D’AMÉLIORATION DE LA QUALITÉ ET LA CONSULTATION SUR PLACE
- LA QUALITÉ, ÇA COMPTE AMÉLIORATION CONTINUE DE LA QUALITÉ: UN GUIDE POUR LES CENTRES AGRÉÉS DE GARDE D’ENFANTS
- LA QUALITÉ, ÇA COMPTE ADMISSIBILITÉ AU FINANCEMENT POUR LES CENTRES AGRÉÉS DE GARDE D’ENFANTS