Certification & Professional Development
Classroom Tools & Resources
Digital Video Library
- Browse videos by grade, subject, or series. You can play videos in browser or download to your desktop.
Share.EDnet / Ensemble.EDnet
- the resource sharing arm of the NS Virtual School. Explore resources, and share your own!
- Online periodical database with full text articles from Canadian and international newspapers and magazines.
Learning Resources & Technology
- curriculum and video online catalogues, info on computers & software, teacher resources, copyright...
- Video database ; Dubbing and Loans of videos ; Software Evaluation database ; Curriculum aterials (scope sheets) ...
- A lifeWork portfolio is a purposeful selection of items that students gather throughout their years in secondary school. This resource links a student’s experiences to the world of work, and provides a chronological record of a student’s personal growth and achievement.
Math Itembank (login required)
- Copyright-cleared digital images to support the Nova Scotia Public School curriculum.
Teacher Web Space - NS teachers may create up to 4 Drupal web sites using this platform. An "EduPortal" account
is required to access this service.
Continuum of Service sites
Anti-bullying Web Site
Early Years Branch
-The Early Years Branch provides funding resources and supports to programs that deliver services to families and children. This includes regulated child care, early intervention and early childhood education training.
- Independent study. The course work is marked by certified teachers who understand the special needs and circumstances of students who study at home.
Health Promoting Schools
- Part of Nova Scotia’s child and youth strategy, "Our Kids Are Worth It", Schools Plus helps to improve the delivery of programs and services for children, youth, and families.
- Assistive technology, special education, gifted/talent development, transportation, inclusion, dealing with medical conditions, guidance, code of conduct...
- Providing options for students with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or Learning Disabilities (LD) to access education outside the framework of the public school system.
NS Virtual School
- provincial online learning platform for delivery of public school and correspondence courses (Distributed Learning), online extensions of school-based classes (Blended Learning), professional development and online meetings
Curriculum, Learning Outcomes, Authorized Resources