The Road to Resiliency: Skills and Strategies
This series is a partnership between IWK Health’s Mental Health and Addictions Program and the Nova Scotia’s Department of Early Education and Childhood Development (EECD).
Intended for parents, caregivers and families of school-aged children, the series tackles common issues that families should prepare for in advance of the school year.
- Prévenir la propagation de la COVID-19 dans les écoles (French)
- منع تفشي فيروس كورونا المستجد ) COVID-19 ( في المدارس (Arabic)
- 防止COVID-19在学校传播 (Chinese)
- 학교 내의 코로나19 확산 방지 (Korean)
- Como prevenir la propagación del COVID-19 en las escuelas (Spanish)
- Paano Maiiwasan ang Pagkalat ng COVID-19 sa mga Paaralan (Tagalog)
Helping students understand Public Health measures: Masks and physical distancing
Below are a few social narratives and suggestions that families can use to talk to their children about the changes they will see when they return to school. Reading these with children on a regular basis leading up to the start of school can help them understand and feel comfortable with some of the health measures that will be in place, such as mask wearing and physical distancing.
Nova Scotia Back to School Plan