Coronavirus (COVID-19) | Latest guidance
Benefits of Community Based Learning
Community partnerships benefit everyone involved.
- Students are engaged in authentic learning experiences which increases their understanding of their community and businesses in their community as well as local needs and issues.
- The programs help develop personal skills, interests, strengths and increased awareness on how these can be used to benefit their learning and planning for their future
- Community Partnerships creates ways for schools to collaborate with families and community members in support of education.
- It provides enriched learning opportunities for students and teachers and fosters new ways of thinking about their own practices as they become more aware of community services, resources and opportunities.
Community Partners and Business
- Community Partners are able to give back to their community through supporting education and students.
- It provides an exciting opportunity for employees to mentor students to enhance student learning, and share an understanding of their industry, potential pathways and opportunities, and skills necessary for their field. Partners are able to directly contribute to shaping future leaders.