Child Care Subsidy - Income Eligibility
- Eligibility is based on Total Family Income, Finances, Social Need and Number of Dependent Children within the Family.
- Additional requirements may affect eligibility such as Citizenship status, custody agreements etc., and will be explained at the time of the intake assessment.
- Income tests are based on Canada Revenue Agency’s (CRA) definition, (gross income minus allowable deductions), of income as found on Line 236 of the Notice of Assessment.
- Families applying or re-applying for subsidy will be required to provide a copy of their Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment, current pay stubs and other income and financial documents.
- Applicants assessed at less than $1.00 per day will not be eligible for Subsidy.
- All eligibility requirements must be met before Subsidy will be granted.
- All required documents must be submitted before eligibility can be assessed. Failure to do so will result in a delay in processing and approval of Subsidy.
- Please note: The start date of Subsidy may not coincide with the start date of child care. Please confirm with your caseworker.
|Effective February 1, 2018||Maximum Subsidy *||Sliding Scale *||No Longer Qualify for Subsidy*|
|Gross Total Family Income Minus Allowable Deductions Plus Number of Dependent Children||$0.00 - $35,000||$35,000 - $70,000||$70,000+|
* Numbers on this chart have been rounded.
Please contact your child care caseworker or regional office if you have any questions or need further information.