The African Canadian Services Branch (ACSB) is dedicated to collaborating across the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (EECD) with community, educational partners, and stakeholders to build a Nova Scotian educational system that is equitable, culturally responsive, and a safe learning environment for all learners.
- Advance the achievement, wellness, and well-being of African Nova Scotian learners
- Work collaboratively with EECD staff and other stakeholders to identify and eliminate barriers impacting African Nova Scotian/Black learners
- Provide support services to learners as they transition through the early years, Primary-Grade 12, post-secondary, and adult education towards a career and workforce development
- Manage and administer provincial scholarship program for African Nova Scotian learners to ensure African Nova Scotian students have equitable access to post-secondary institutions
- Develop, promote, and facilitate access to programs, resources, and services for African Nova Scotian learners
- Work collaboratively across the department and with government to consult with and provide advice regarding African Nova Scotian/Canadian Education
- Promote understanding of African Nova Scotians/Canadians and their history, heritage, culture, traditions, and contributions to society recognizing their origins as African people