The African Canadian Services Branch (ACSB) is dedicated to collaborating across the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (EECD) to build a Nova Scotian educational system that is equitable, culturally responsive and a safe learning environment for all learners.
- Advance the achievement and well-being of African Nova Scotian learners
- Work collaboratively with EECD staff and other stakeholders to identify and eliminate barriers impacting African Nova Scotian/Black learners
- Provide support services to learners as they transition through the early years, Primary-Grade 12, post-secondary, and adult education towards a career and workforce development
- Manage and administer provincial scholarship program for African Nova Scotian learners to ensure African Nova Scotian students have equitable access to post-secondary institutions
- Develop, promote and facilitate access to programs, resources and services for African Nova Scotian learners
- Work collaboratively across the department and with government to consult with and provide advice regarding African Nova Scotian/Canadian Education
- Promote understanding of African Nova Scotians/Canadians and their history, heritage, culture, traditions and contributions to society recognizing their origina as African people