Scholarships & Grants
Basic Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for Scholarships/Awards under this program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- applicant must be an African Nova Scotian (Black) student
- applicant must be a Canadian citizen whose parent(s) is/are of African descent (Black)*
- applicants must be a resident of Nova Scotia
- applicants must have attended High School in Nova Scotia
- applicants must be enrolled full-time
- applicants must submit an application each year to be considered for any award/bursary
Public School Program & Approved Local Courses
The University Entrance Scholarship recognizes and promotes academic excellence.
In an effort to promote fairness, calculation of marks for this particular scholarship are based on those courses in the Public School Program (PSP) which require academic rigor, and which are available to all students across the Province.
- Therefore, academic PSP courses are chosen first in the calucation of marks for the University Entrance Scholarship.
- The only exception to this are Approved Local Courses (ALC) which include Advanced Placement Credits, IB Credits and/or Advanced Courses.