Nova Scotia-Québec Student Exchange
This program is a 6-month student exchange available to French second-language high school students from Nova Scotia
Students who participate are eligible to apply for the Expérience culturelle 12 credit.
While in the program, participants will:
- Host a French-speaking student from Québec in their home for three months (September, October, November)
- Spend three months learning in a French secondary school in Québec (February, March, April), and
- Live with the family of their French-speaking partner while studying in Québec.
Application Process & Documents
The Nova Scotia-Québec Student Exchange Program involves a very detailed application and interview process. Please take the time to carefully read the documents below.
- Program Information
- Six Month Exchange Student/Parent Program Guide
- Six Month Exchange School/Liaison Teacher Guide
Students interested in the Nova Scotia-Québec Exchange Program are encouraged to contact their school guidance counsellor and complete Form A and Form B below.
The identified Liaison Teacher(s) and Selection Committee members can access the following documents pertaining to the interview process, student protection and consent.
- Interview and Checklist
- Student Protection and Consent
- Form C (to be completed at the end of each interview)
More information on the Student Exchange may be obtained by contacting:
- The French second language teacher at your high school
- Áine O'Hare and Mary Chisholm