Coronavirus (COVID-19) | Latest guidance
O2 Lead Teacher
Each O2 program has a lead teacher who promotes community-based learning and responds to the needs of the students, families, teachers and the school.
The O2 Lead teacher will:
- advocate for and support all O2 students.
- work with students to understand and support their abilities, identities, strengths and abilities.
- help students develop education and career goals and pathways.
- manage student safety and complete all risk management processes.
- maintain regular contact with families.
- liaise with administration and staff about issues related to O2 students.
- identify and plan opportunities for community engagement to support student learning such as field trips, guest speakers, tours, workshops etc.
- provide students with community-based learning opportunities to support individual education and career goals.
- provide students with access to and awareness of labour market information to make informed decisions about education and career pathways.