Coronavirus (COVID-19) | Latest guidance
Personal Development Credits
Students & Parents
A wide range of personal development credits are available to high school students during the school year. Please check back on this site for updates. For more information you can also speak with a school counsellor a principal or vice-principal.
What is included in this Guide?
- What are Personal Development Credits?
- The Different Types of Personal Development Credits
- Personal Development Credits and Program Planning for High School Students
- I have a Personal Development Credit certificate, now what?
- Personal Development Credit—Student Notification Form (MS Word version)
- Personal Development Credits—Questions and Answers
The Department has approved and is currently working with thirteen organizations. Please view the Approved Provider and Course List for 2020–2021 and the Personal Development Credit Requirement Information for Schools for further information.
Note: The Personal Development Requirement Information for Schools is currently being updated as some of the information from providers has changed. Please check back for updates.
Course and Program Providers
The handbook is organized in four sections:
- Nova Scotia’s Personal Development Credit Policy: an overview of the principles, requirements and key guidelines as they relate to course and program providers.
- Applying to Become an Approved Provider: important information about the application and approval process.
- Application to Become and Approved Courses or Program Provider: a working copy of the Application for Providers (MS Word version).
- Application Checklist: a quick summary of steps to follow should your organization decide to apply to become a course and program provider.
Personal Development Credit Policy
Information for Students and Parents/Guardians
Approved Courses and Providers
Personal Development Requirement Information for Schools
Handbook and Application for Organizations Interested in Becoming Approved Providers
Education Program Services: Personal Development Credits
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
2021 Brunswick Place
PO Box 578
Contact us by email (online form)