Information for Regulated Child Care Settings
The programs and resources listed below will help you to understand the requirements and the supports available for operating and working in a regulated child care setting.
- Capable, Confident, and Curious - Nova Scotia's early Learning Curriculum Framework
Framework guideing the practice of early childhood educators and pedagogical leaders, who work with young children, from birth to age eight.
- Directory of Licensed Child Care Facilities
The Government of Nova Scotia licenses child care facilities throughout the province. This directory lets you search for facilities by name and/or location, and shows whether a facility currently meets its licensing requirements.
- Family Home Child Care Program
Family home child care agencies provide professional support to in-home care providers.
- Licensee's Manual for Regulated Child Care Settings
A resource for licensees of child care facilities and family home day care agencies.
- Quality Matters
Quality Matters (QM) is a province-wide initiative that will be used to improve and assess quality in licensed child care centres.
- Assessing Shade in Child Care Programs
- Zones à l'ombre dans les programmes de garde d'enfants
- FAQs - Amendments to the Day Care Act and Regulations
- FAQs - Modifications de la Loi sur les garderies (Day Care Act) et du Règlement régissant les garderies
- Family Communications Plan | Plan de communication avec les familles
- Commonly asked questions about Records Checks for regulated child care settings. English | Français
- Quality Investment Grant (QIG) and Program Support Funding (PSF) Terms and Conditions
- Essential Guide for Community Boards of Directors /
Guide essentiel pour les conseils d’administration communautaires
- Nova Scotia Early Childhood Development Report 2010-2012 / Child Well-Being Report 2011
- Food and Nutrition Support for Regulated Child Care Settings
Includes the Manual for Food and Nutrition in Regulated Child Care Settings.
- CMEC Statement on Play-Based Learning English | Français
Guidelines for Communicable Disease Prevention for Childcare Programs and Family Home Day Care Agencies (PDF)
From the Department of Health and Wellness
- Reporting and Investigating Allegations of Abuse and Neglect in Regulated Child Care Settings