Lieutenant Governor’s Respectful Citizenship Award
This award recognizes those who have developed a project or activity that demonstrates leadership and commitment to creating safe and inclusive spaces in schools and communities in Nova Scotia.
Twenty-two awards can be given annually:
- two within each Regional Centre for Education (RCE) and Conseil scolaire acadien provincial (CSAP),
- two in the Mi’kmaw Kina’matnewey (MK) board, and
- two to African Nova Scotian students from across the province.
We recognize our province has a diverse student population, and we strive to be reflective of this.
- One will be an individual student award, and the other will be a team award for two or more people (team may include adults).
- An additional two awards can be given if a student is homeschooled or enrolled in private school is a successful applicant.
To be nominated, youth must be a registered student in Nova Scotia and enrolled in a grade from Primary to 12.
Nominations will close on April 28th, 2021, and the Lieutenant Governor will present the awards virtually on June 3rd, 2021.