How do I access speech-language services for my child?

If your child is home schooled and registered with the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, they may be eligible for speech-language services through Hearing and Speech Nova Scotia.

  • Please visit their website ( for more information about this service.
  • To make a referral or ask questions, call 902-492-8201.
  • You can also contact the Hearing and Speech Nova Scotia location in your community and ask that a referral be forwarded to the Home School Service Speech-Language Pathologist on your behalf.