Coronavirus (COVID-19) | Latest guidance
The Continuing Education Program is intended to enhance the ability of regulated child care centres, Pre-primary programs, and family home child care agencies to recruit and retain staff.
The program provides financial support to regulated child care and Pre-primary staff, and to family home child care providers and agency staff to continue their education and enhance skills and qualifications.
Before you apply, read the full Continuing Education Program Terms and Conditions.
To receive Continuing Education Program funding for the 2022/2023 fiscal year (ending March 31,2023), applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be studying part-time and currently working with children or families in a regulated child care or Pre-primary program, or a family home agency or program.
- Be working as a teacher/educator, director, assistant directors, family home child care provider or agency staff.
- Must be taking courses towards obtaining a Level 2 or Level 3 classification or leadership training in one of the following programs:
- Early childhood education diploma at an approved NS post-secondary institution,
- Undergraduate degree in Child & Youth Study at Mount St. Vincent University,
- Early Childhood Administrator Continuing Education Certificate Course at Mount St. Vincent University,
- Early Childhood Leadership Training Program at Nova Scotia Community College,
- Leadership en petite enfance at Universite Sainte-Anne, or
- Inclusion and Intervention Diploma at Jane Norman College.
- Submit the Continuing Education Application for the Reimbursement form within 60 days of the completion of the course(s).
Eligible staff can qualify for reimbursements totaling:
- up to a maximum of $1000.00 per year if working part-time (70 – 120 hours per month)
- up to $5000.00 per year if working full-time (more than 120 hours per month)
Staff and family child care providers taking advantage of this reimbursement will be required to commit to work in a Nova Scotia regulated child care program for 750 or 1500 hours depending on the amount reimbursed and the timing of the reimbursement.
For more information on the program’s new requirements, criteria, and funding allocations please read the 2022-2023 Continuing Education Program Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions, please call (902) 424-3430
Complete and submit the Continuing Education Application for the Reimbursement form, along with all required documentation (see Terms and Conditions), within 60 days of the completion of the course(s):
By email to email@example.com
By mail to:
ECE Continuing Education Program
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
Early Childhood Development and Pre-primary
Department of Education & ECD
PO Box 578
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2S9