The Continuing Education Program is intended to enhance the ability of regulated child care centres, Pre-primary programs, and family home child care agencies to recruit and retain staff.
The program provides financial support to regulated child care and Pre-primary staff, and to family home child care providers and agency staff to continue their education and enhance skills and qualifications.
To receive Continuing Education Program funding for the 2023/2024 fiscal year (ending March 31,2024), applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be studying part-time and currently working with children or families in a regulated child care or Pre-primary program, or a family home agency or program.
- Be working as a teacher/educator, director, assistant directors, family home child care provider or agency staff.
- Must be taking courses towards obtaining a Level 2 or Level 3 classification or leadership training in one of the following programs:
- Early childhood education diploma at an approved NS post-secondary institution,
- Undergraduate degree in Child & Youth Study at Mount St. Vincent University,
- Early Childhood Administrator Continuing Education Certificate Course at Mount St. Vincent University,
- Early Childhood Leadership Training Program at Nova Scotia Community College,
- Leadership en petite enfance at Universite Sainte-Anne, or
- Inclusion and Intervention Diploma at Jane Norman College.
- Submit the Continuing Education Application for the Reimbursement form within 60 days of the completion of the course(s).
Eligible staff can qualify for reimbursements totaling:
- up to a maximum of $1000.00 per year if working part-time (70 – 120 hours per month)
- up to $5000.00 per year if working full-time (more than 120 hours per month)
Staff and family child care providers taking advantage of this reimbursement will be required to commit to work in a Nova Scotia regulated child care program for 750 or 1500 hours depending on the amount reimbursed and the timing of the reimbursement.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Complete and submit the Continuing Education Application for Reimbursement form, along with all required documentation (see Terms and Conditions), within 60 days of the completion of the course(s):
By email to eceTraining@novascotia.ca
By mail to:
ECE Continuing Education Program
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
Early Childhood Development and Pre-primary Branch
PO Box 578
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2S9