Classification, Training & Professional Development for Child Care Staff
Programs and resources
- Early Childhood Education Assistance Program
This program will provide a debt reduction incentive to eligible Early Childhood Education graduates.
- Continuing Education Program
This program is intended to enhance the ability of licensed child care centres and family home day care agencies to recruit and retain staff.
- Classification for Child Care Staff
Classification is the process for reviewing training and determining eligibility towards one of four designations for employment in a licensed child care facility.
- Orientation for Staff Working in Licensed Child Care Facilities
A series of informational modules and activities for child care staff working directly with children who do not meet the regulated training requirements.
- Links to Professional Development Programs
Useful links for current practicing early childhood educators who wish to upgrade their skills.